***New Product Launch***

We now have stock of a unique new device that will allow owners of all A class, B class, CLA class and GLA class Mercedes to use Apple CarPlay on their existing radio and screen. By simply plugging this device into the OBD socket (located just above the brake pedal) and waiting less than two minutes, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay will be activated.

Apple CarPlay enables the use of many of the iPhone facilities controlled directly from the car. These include:

• iTunes for Music
  • Spotify for Music
  • Apple Maps for navigation
  • Messages for speech controlled texting (Siri will read and write your texts!)
  • Phone for speech controlled dialling
  • As well as other lesser used features.

Only compatible on cars with Garmin navigation using SD cards (Not compatible with Becker with cartridge in glove box!)

Mercedes X class CarPlay

Check out the product in our shop

324 thoughts on “Mercedes Benz Apple CarPlay Activator, Unlock Mercedes CarPlay Function In 2 Minutes

• Neil Braybrook says:

Hi Mark

We have recently been informed of a weakness in the software that links Nissan to Mercedes in the X class that Mercedes are pin-pointing on the addition of CarPlay kits. The issue manifests in an incorrect display of vehicle mileage only resolved by replacing the instrument cluster and is NOT covered by warranty.

Because of this we are no longer able to install CarPlay kits into the X class. There will be the same risks with ANY CarPlay kit on this model so we would strongly recommend avoiding this kind of installation all together.

I’m sorry we cannot help on this occasion but please do bear us in mind for any future retrofits that you may be considering

1. Phil says:

Hello, I have A class 220d motorsport 2016, i have an apple car play usb slot but it never comes up or works. Will this work on my car?
    Thanks

• Neil Braybrook says:

Your car may be suitable for our device to activate CarPlay (But NOT Android Auto on this age of car)

Warranty is not affected as the device does not remain in the vehicle.

However, it does require a specific level of software in your radio for this to work. Mercedes are now no longer able to offer this level as the newest level actually ‘undoes’ what the OBD adapters change!

Mercedes have blocked access to the menus that tell us what version is running so there is no way to pre-determine the outcome. Sadly the only way to see if this will work is to try it and see! If it does work it is important that Mercedes do NOT update the firmware in the radio as this will remove the settings.

We can offer a refund if this fails but we charge an admin fee of £25. If you are able to call at our workshop we can try this at no cost (by appointment)

Please order on our website HERE.

If this device doesn’t work we have a SmartBox solution that will always allow Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, details of which can be found HERE.

I hope this helps and look forward to hearing from you soon.

2. martin humphrey says:

Hi, I have an A200d 1st registered in June 2016. Would your plug in work on my system & if so would I get just carplay or android auto or both.

• Neil Braybrook says:

We now have a solution that will give you CarPlay in your car using a dedicated product that enables wireless CarPlay and wireless Android Auto. Click here to view on our website. This is a hardware solution that requires installation.

I hope this is of interest and look forward to hearing from you soon.

• Neil Braybrook says:

Hi Norm

All X class models are not compatible for our simple OBD CarPlay upgrade.

We do however have a solution that will give you CarPlay in your car. Click HERE to view on our website.

I hope this is of interest and look forward to hearing from you soon.

• Neil Braybrook says:

Hi Norm

All X class models are not compatible for our simple OBD CarPlay upgrade.

I hope this is of interest and look forward to hearing from you soon.

• Neil Braybrook says:

Hi Richard

It is most likely that we can activate CarPlay and Android Auto in your car with our diagnostic computers. We would need to see the car at out workshop for around an hour to complete the job. The total cost is £240. Please send your chassis number (or reg no) to info@braybrooks.co.uk to confirm 100%.

3. Stephen Savage says:

Hi I have a Mercedes c class amg 2016 NP EF16URX ( PRICATE PLATE NIW SS16SAV can I do apple car play and android auto with your plug in.

• Neil Braybrook says:

Hi Stephen

ANY C class or GLC class are now NOT compatible for OBD CarPlay activation. .

We do however have a solution that will give you CarPlay in your car. Click here to view on our website. This is a hardware solution that requires installation.

I hope this is of interest and look forward to hearing from you soon.

4. Alberto says:

Hi can I purchase the Apple CarPlay to my car please I got a Mercedes a class 2019 executive pack.
    Wdd1770032n011503
    Many thanks

• Neil Braybrook says:

On Mercedes cars with the new MBUX multi-media system, upgrades are usually available through Mercedes.Me

This is the link to their website which will allow you to purchase Apple CarPlay and Android Auto for £300

• Neil Braybrook says:

Hi Steve

All C/GLC models are not now compatible for our simple OBD CarPlay upgrade.

I hope this is of interest and look forward to hearing from you soon.

5. Dave says:

I have just procured a 2016 Mercedes SLC 200, I thought it had Apple Car Play but hasn’t. The radio is an Audio 20 which volume is not good either,
    1. Can Apple Car Play be added?
    2. Can an amp be added to improve volume

• Neil Braybrook says:

Hi Dave

CarPlay can be added but depending on software levels will depend on how we can do this. Worst case cost is £580, best case is £139.

An amp can be added but I wouldn’t suggest anything too large as the speakers will not cope!